What is it?
Our Youth Advisory Board (known as the YAB) is made up of young people aged 12-16, who want to remain involved with our organization, even if they've aged out of our programs. The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a self-lead teen leadership group that is advised by OCT administrative staff and serves its surrounding community of students, families, and educators.
Why Join it?
Since 1986, Oklahoma Children’s Theatre has provided Oklahoman children a place to learn, play, and grow. Our Youth Advisory Board is comprised of local teens with a passion for theatre and a desire to make a positive impact within Oklahoma Children’s Theatre and the greater community. OCT recognizes that young people have the potential to play an important role in planning and carrying out our programming.
Our Youth Advisory Board is made up of local teens aged 12-16. This is your opportunity to help us innovate our programs, take the lead, and become an advocate for your peers and arts education. You will also have the opportunity to gain leadership experience and community service hours. Each year the group decides on a main project to work towards, while also volunteering during other OCT programs, as well as participating in a range of social events
YAB Members will:
- Attend YAB meetings at Oklahoma Children’s Theatre. Generally, meetings are scheduled on Friday nights 7pm-9pm and occur every month with breaks for Christmas and Spring Break (see tentative dates below). Members must arrange their own transportation.
- Collaborate with other YAB members and OCT staff to brainstorm new initiatives, plan events and participate in volunteer opportunities.
- Be between the ages of 12 to 16.
- Be passionate about theatre and the arts.
- Be a team player, motivated, and willing to contribute.
- Be able to attend meetings.
- Be respectful of diverse views and ideas.
How do I join?
For more information about joining, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.