A Letter from our Executive Director
To our Wonderful Patrons, Friends, and Families,
Like so many, we have all been putting on a brave face, staying at home as we social distance from loved ones, wearing masks, sanitizing everything, listening to the experts, and yet we still face an uncertain future. I’m sure you have all heard discussions from our community leaders about re-opening businesses. As restrictions begin to be lifted in the days and weeks ahead, we are tasked with grappling with the safety concerns that continue.
Oklahoma Children’s Theatre is an organization that has always been community-focused. Each year we provide countless opportunities for young people and their families to experience the arts, expand their creativity, and broaden their critical thinking. This includes:
- 5 professional productions each year
- Statewide tours to over 35 rural schools and libraries each year
- Summer, Winter, Fall, and Spring Break camps
- After school creative drama programs hosted local Elementary schools
- Page to Stage, a traveling literacy residency provided at no cost for Title I schools
- Young Company student productions, presenting 5 fully realized shows each year featuring young people
- Play In A Box touring weeklong residency program that brings fully staged production to elementary schools across the state
- Come Play with Me early literacy program supporting preschool students using stories and dramatic play as a vehicle for developing oral literacy skills, cooperation skills, and introduction to story elements.
- Youth Advisory Board, our teen-led volunteer group that provides volunteering, mentoring, and leadership opportunities for teens
- Fairy Tale Ball, our annual family-friendly gala, where we welcome over 450 people
- College Internships, providing students with practical education and experiences working for a professional theatre company
- Provide extensive financial aid, to families and schools, ensuring all members of our community have access to important arts opportunities, through camp and class scholarships, theatre tickets, and bus sponsorships. On top of this, we host a wide range of special events, participate in community partnerships with other local organizations, we are welcomed into schools for unique theatre residencies, and can be found at public events and street festivals throughout the year.As you can tell, every part of what we do involves groups of people coming together for a shared experience, and we are ever mindful of the health and safety of those children and families that join us. In an effort to be responsible we have canceled all upcoming programs through June as well as our summer production season. Please see the bottom of this email for refund information.
We are in the process of making necessary accommodations for our July programs and look forward to sharing all details as soon as possible. In the meantime, we are excited to be developing online camps that will be hosted throughout the summer months. You will still be able to work with your favorite teachers and assistants and we will continue to provide fun stories and activities on our Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube pages.
We thank you for your patience, understanding, and continued support. Please take good care of yourself and your family and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oklahoma Children’s Theatre soon.
Executive Director on behalf of the staff and Board of Directors
We will be providing refunds for the following programs:
- Week-long summer camps between May 26 - June 26
- Pinocchio 3-week production camp
- The Emperor's New Clothes 2-week production
- The Wizard of OZ 3-week and 2-week production camps
Full Refunds for these programs will be made via the original payment method and will be processed by May 8. Please allow up to 7 business days for credit cards and 14 days for payments by check. If you made partial payments, each payment will be refunded separately. Please know that we will be working as diligently as possible to process all refunds. You can help us streamline this process by confirming your contact details at the link below.